Saturday, April 28, 2007

Can You Say Segue??

I hope you all know how to say SEGUE - 'cos obviously I don't know 'How To' segue!

I jumped from The Greek Gods all the way to Spiderman/Superheros without even creating a lead-in, bridge, whatever............segue!

(BTW-this often works on the comedy stage - but - definitely not in blogging lol)

Segue (segg - way):
Means - to make a transition smoothly from one section, theme, discussion or topic!

So - since I missed the opportunity, I'm going to head right straight back to OLDER mythology and characters again. Spideyboy will have to wait until I can learn how to transition better!

Here is a correspondence of Greek to Roman deities:
(from the Olympian, II-Generation group)

Greek: to Roman:

Zeus to Jupiter
Poseidon to Neptune
Hades to Pluto
Hestia to Vesta
Hera to Juno
Ares to Mars
Athena to Minerva
Apollo to Apollo
Aphrodite to Venus
Hermes to Mercury
Artemis to Diana
Hephaestus to Vulcan

Here are the correspondences from the I-Generation (1st) group:

Greek: Roman:

Gaea to Terra
Asclepius to Aesculapius
Cronus/Kronus to Saturn
Demeter to Ceres
Dionysus to Bacchus
Eros to Cupid
Hypnos to Somnus
Rhea to Ops
Uranus to Uranus
Nike to Victoria

No comments: